Concert Blisters

Scribbling my thoughts











Dec 28, 2011

Motherfuckers, I am on a ramble

One thing I don't get and don't think I will ever be able to grasp the concept of...
why are certain words considered swear words??
fuck, bitch, shit etc. When you think about it literally it's just another pile of letters like any other word? you sound it out, I mean really how do the letters f-u-c and k equal something sinful? because someone said that and our society has followed suit ever since? Now i'm not saying that these words are not hurtful because they can be, but when used in a certain context, but then again so can any other word... I would be really offended if someone called me a shallow, mean and dishonest person and yet I wouldn't think twice if someone called me a bitch?  I think those terms are thrown around so frequently that they have lost their original meaning. I study semiotics in some of my classes and always am interested in the study of words and their meanings. I mean one word in the Western culture could symbolize and signify a whole different meaning in another country across the world.  So why is it that we have these words that are considered bad and sinful and that (granted you are Christian) you are going to Hell for saying??  It is our society that has placed the meanings within these words?
Maybe I am taking this too far and not explaining myself properly (poor use of words! ha) but please don't be offended or think less of me when I use this vocabulary because to me, they are just words that I use like any other word.  They say now that employers look at everything of you online when considering hiring you... I sure as hell hope they have the same perspective as me because I've already ruined my chances at getting a job with someone who wouldn't hire me if they saw fuck on my Facebook page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment